Monday, February 4, 2008

Day Numero Dos

So today we woke up to an amazing breakfast of Papaya, Pinapple, Banana's, Canteloupe and Watermelon, a buiscuit and homeade natural orange juice. We headed off to school for orientation and then to El Centro. El Centro is where everything is happening. Our Profesor gave us a quick tour. He took us to what he calls the "black market." It was a warehouse type building with everything. Clothes, DVD's, CD's, purses, etc. all very cheap and all knock off. Then we walked through the marketplace, fresh fruit, meats and flowers it was quite an experience and my roommate and I can't wait to go back and put our baragaining skills to use. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my batteries and camera so I didn't get to take any pictures. But don't worry we plan on going there in the future and I will be sure to take some great pics. Once we got home, our mom welcomed us with Soup, Chicken tostadas and rice. Oh and agua de jamica. Delicious. We napped and made our way to the local Walmart. Eventually when we made it back home, our mother once again had wonderful food waiting for us... tamales. I'm guessing by now you're mouths are watering. After dinner we went to showered and once again hit the sack so hard that I'm sure neither one of us moved around til the alarm went off.

No comments: