Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Late Valentines Day!!!

So yesterday as everyone knows was Valentines Day. Valentines Day here is way different than in the U.S. First of all one can definitley tell that its Valentines Day just by looking out the window. There are tons of people selling balloons and flowers on every street and at every stop light. So Kate and I planned on going to el Centro to buy flowers for our "mom" and "Sister." At el Centro, like I said before you can get anything, including flowers. Eventually we found a flower shop and a after a little while of asking prices we realized that anyone that buys flowers in the U.S is spending way tooo much money. We bought a dozen roses for $10.00 dollars. Yes I said 10 dollars. And they were long stem too. Oh and as Kate and I were waiting for our arrangement to be made we saw an arrangement go by that was at least 3 ft. tall, it was sooooo beautiful. Anyway below are some pictures. Hope everyone had a great holiday!




Above is the Governor's building. Cuernavaca is the Capital of the state Morelos.

Flower alley. Where all the flower shops are.

Guess how much the arrangement above costs??????

$25 dollars!

They were so suprised that we got them flowers.

1 comment:

Moncada Family said...

WOW! We pay ridiculous prices for flowers! I wish I was there. I would have new flowers everyday! :)
MISS YOU!