Monday, February 4, 2008

My First Day of School


Today was the first day of school. Lucky me, I have class Monday thru Thursday at 8 a.m til 2 p.m. with an hour break. So once again we woke up early and Mama had the fruit, orange juice and a quesadilla ready for us. We took the taxi to school and the campus is absolutely beautiful. It's so green with plants and pool's everywhere. (I will take pictures tomorrow.) All of my classes are very interesting and are going to be a lot of fun. Once class was over we (the class) made our way to the bus station. Being that there are only two days until lent begins we went to Tepoztlan to celebrate Carnaval. Carnaval is like Mardi Gras, a celebration before we give things up for lent. On the bus we finally got to see Cuernavaca during the day.













Kate (my lovely roommate) and I on the bus on the way to Carnaval.
Once we arrived we found that it was like a street fair. It was crowded with people and lot's of booths and food. We walked around for two hours and then made our way back to the bus to go home. Once we got back home we had dinner, which was once again amazing. We are now at Starbucks enjoying the wireless internet and doing some homework. Until tomorrow when we see what new and exciting news I have for you.
Below are some pictures from Carnaval.

Enjoy!

This is what the streets look like during Carnaval.


Ana, Me and Kate


The people walking in the middle with costumes are called Cheenelo's. They are dressed to go to the church and offer what they have decided to give up for lent.





Here is where they dance before entering the Church. Which I'm not sure if you can see too well but is in the background.

Kate and I infront of another one of the town's churches.

Believe it or not we are going to eventually climb the mountain in the background.





No comments: